Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We're Home!!!

It still is surreal to me, but all four of my children are tucked in their beds for the night in the same house!  (I guess it's equally surreal that I have four children, period)!

My trip for our embassy appointment and to bring Karis Lemlem home was amazing.  Never before have I so literally felt the prayers of others lifting us up before the throne of God!  Some day soon I will sit down and write out all the details of our homecoming, as they are a testimony to the greatness and faithfulness of our God!

Meanwhile, I'm recovering from jet lag and a head cold, and Mark and I are both tired from a baby that's having trouble figuring out how to sleep here. 

My sister Tricia took amazing pictures of our airport reunion.  She was hesitant to post them, as she's always considerate not to "steal my thunder" in posting things about my family before I get to. 

However, any thunder I may have is currently buried under a heap of spit-up cloths and diapers, so I told her to post away-and she did!

So, check out the homecoming party they staged for Karis Lemlem, and share our joy as she's united with her family!  It's all right here...unless you find this link well after the fact, in which case you'll have to scroll down till you get to Dec. 13!

7 comments:

The Davidsons said...

I am so glad that you guys are home!! I loved the pictures. Your kids look so sweet - all of them. What a lovely family!

Jennifer said...

Yee hooey!!!! WELCOME HOME and congratulations!!!

The pictures are just the sweetest things ever, and if I'm so grateful that your sister is a fantastic photographer who was able to capture so many wonderful moments, I'm sure you are thrilled. Or will be once jet lag wears off. :-)

Are you pinching yourself to see if it's real?

Love you!!

April (and Eric) said...

Yippee!! Yippee!! Yahoo!!

"We will shout for joy when you are victorious!" (Psalm 20:5)

4 May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.!!
5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.
May the LORD grant all your requests. !! (Ps 20:4-5)

SOOO full of joy for all of you. May Karis grow up knowing how precious she is and how desired she was from birth, how eagerly all have awaited her adoption...

Romans 8:23
...we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.

Much love and joy with you,
April :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home safely! We were thinking of and praying for you!

Kim said...

Yea!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. Our internet has been out but I knew you were home some time last week and have been praying for your family. I am sure you are baraged in people wanting to see you but when things slow down if you need any help at all just let us know.

Unknown said...

I forgot to say that the pictures on your sisters blog are great. It is awsome that she got so many nice ones and that Lemlem was so happy for her homecoming party.